CHROME IT is a hybrid of paint and plating that allows us to spray chrome on anything from metals, ceramics, plastics, glass, fiberglass and even wood with a chrome finish. CHROME IT spray chrome is ideal for use where conventional electroplating plating and vacuum metallizing are unsuitable due to cost, size, design, substrate material, or environmental issues. The metallic spray chrome coating is applied with a special CHROME IT machine that applies a sprayed on electro-less plating solution.
- CHROME IT is the only spray chrome that resists peeling, flaking, and won’t yellow from the sun.
- Meets many OEM automotive paints standards.
- CHROME IT duplicates the look of real chrome, brass, gold, silver and other metals.
- Available in many colors by adding tints to the topcoat.
- Environmentally friendlier than traditional electroplating.
- Meets the European Union’s new RoHS rules. (Reduction of hazardous substances)
- Available with very low or no chromium. Either way meets RoHS.
- Can be used on flexible materials where chrome plating cracks or peels.
- Can be used on any nearly any size object from trinkets to 20 ft. statues or display booths.
Salt spray Tests December 2008 at 312 hours
We are not able to rinse them clean before the photos are taken because it will end the test. There are zero defects at 312 hours.
These parts are more difficult to pass than flat panels because of their shapes and edges. No additional topcoats are applied. CHROME IT top coat only.